Toasted Parmesan Turkey Tetrazzini Sandwich with Dipping Sauce
8 slices bacon, fried (removed from pan) with bacon grease reserved
2 TBS olive oil
1/4 cup onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp pepper, or to taste
1 TBS butter
1 TBS flour
2 TBS white wine
1/4 cup parsley
1 bay leaf
1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup cream
To build sandwich:
12 slices bread, buttered on one side
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 package Foster Farms "All Natural Sliced Turkey"
8 slices tomato
8 red onion rings
1 cup fresh spinach
1. In nonstick skillet on med/high heat cook bacon until crispy on both sides (approx. 5-6 mins). Remove from skillet and place flat on paper towels. Cover until ready to use.
2. In same skillet with bacon grease add olive oil. Add onions and cook until soft. Approx. 5 mins. Add garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Stir.
3. Add butter then sprinkle flour over top. Stir and cook for 3 mins.
4. Deglaze pan with wine. Cook for additional 3 mins.
5. Add parsley, bay leaf, lemon zest, juice, broth and cream, stir. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to med/low. Simmer for approx. 15 mins. Sauce will start to thicken.
6. Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter.
7. In small bowl mix together bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle crumb/cheese mixture onto bread (buttered side). Place buttered side down in large non stick skillet. Toast until slightly browned.
8. Layer sandwiches (toasted side out) with turkey, tomato, onions, spinach and bacon strips. Place toasted slice in between each sandwich. Slice each sandwich in half.
Serve each sandwich with a small ramekin of Tetrazzini Sauce.
Makes 4 sandwiches