1 dark brown coconut
2 cups boiling water
1. Hold coconut with the three wholes on top. I use a cork screw opener to drill holes into coconut. You can use a screwdriver or other heavy object. Tilt coconut over bowl and drain out coconut water. Store in frig or drink right away.
2. With a heavy knife wack around the coconut until it splits. Carefully, with a knife pick coconut from shell. Peel any brown areas with a vegetable peeler.
3. Brake coconut into small pieces.
4. Boil 2 cups of water
5. Add coconut to blender with a little bit of water, puree. Be careful that hot water does not extrude out the top. (I cover top with dish towel). Add more coconut and more water and puree. Keep adding doing this until all coconut and water is used up.
6. Add coconut to cheesecloth. Over large bowl squeeze all liquid from coconut. I have my hubby do this for me. You should yield 2 cups in bowl
7. Let sit for about 15 mins to separate. The top white layer will be your coconut cream. The bottom layer is your coconut milk. (as it is pictured) Skim top layer from bottom layer and store in containers. You will yield approx. 1 cup of cream and 1 cup of milk.
Note: Coconut will now be bland. You can discard or save and use in smoothies since it is filled with lots of fiber.