This is a super duper pea "nutty" great recipe. When I order a shipment of Door County Products, they were so generous to send me a sample of their Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee. I was very intrigued and couldn't wait to create a new dish. I knew that peanuts go well with an Asian flair so I decided to start there. I first got the Peanut Butter Coffee brewing. This started my taste buds flowing. The rest is history!
1 lb chicken tenders, trimmed
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tbs pepper
1/3 cup red onion
2 cloves garlic
1 TBS ginger, minced
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 limes, juiced
1 tsp cider vinegar
1 TBS creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup cilantro
1/4 cup Peanut Butter Crunch coffee, brewed
1 TBS Door County Mustard
1 TBS Sour Cream
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup peanuts, crushed
1. Drain chicken and pat with paper towels to absorb excess wetness.
2. Place flour, salt and pepper in med/large bowl. Stir. Toss chicken to coat. Remove and place on clean dish, shaking off excess flour.
3. In blender or food processor add all other ingredients. Pulse until blended. Add to bowl. (Reserve 1/2 cup to drizzle on chicken for later)
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Dip each piece of chicken into mixture and coat thoroughly. Place on slightly greased baking sheet. Bake for approx. 8-10 mins or until golden brown (temp. depends on thickness of chicken). Flip chicken 1/2 way through baking time. Remove from oven. Drizzle with extra sauce and sprinkle with crushed peanuts. Serve on favorite salad or lettuce wraps.
Note: I used a counter top electric grill with press cover. Slightly grease with cooking spray. Grill for approx. 3-4 mins.
Serve on favorite salad or as tacos in lettuce wraps