Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Chocolate Covered Tiramisu Sandwich Cookies
2 pkg chocolate sandwich cookies
2/3 cup chocolate covered espresso beans, crushed
1 lbs dark chocolate, tempered
1/4 cup strong Espresso Coffee
4 ounces mascarpone cheese
2 TBS butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
9 ozs milk chocolate, melted
1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
1. Carefully separate sandwich cookies with knife, without breaking. scrap cream and add to small bowl. Reserve. Line cookies inside side facing up.
2. Add coffee, cheese, butter and vanilla in medium size bowl. Mix well. Add melted chocolate, mix. Add sugar and mix. Add contents of filling to pasty bag. Enclose with twist tie or clip. Snip bottom of pastry bag approx 1/2 inch from bottom.
3. Fill approx 1/2 tsp of filling in the center of sandwich cookie. Press another cookie on top of filling and press gently. Filling will spread to outer edge of cookie. Fill remaining cookies.
4. Add dark chocolate to microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 1 minute, stir. Add for additional 30 seconds, if needed to melt completely. Dip each cookie into chocolate, covering on each side. Place on wax paper to dry.
5. Add bowl of cream to microwave. Heat on high for 1 minute. Stir. If not melted heat for additional 30 seconds until completely smooth and melted, stirring between. With a fork, drizzle white cream over top of chocolate covered cookie. (dark choc. does not have to be completed dry for this next step). Sprinkle with crushed espresso beans. Let dry completely before serving.
Makes as many cookies used from original package. Approx 60 cookies.
Note: Recipe may be cut in half. Any extra filling may be refrigerated for up to 1 month (sealed).