I was inspired to make this recipe when I first received my shipment of Door County Coffee products. I love to make chocolates, especially different varieties of bark. I couldn't resist these combinations of Chocolate, cherries, almonds and crunchy chocolate covered espresso beans.
This Chocolate Bark can be made with a variety of different kinds of chocolates (Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate and/or Red)
1/2 lb milk chocolate, tempered
1/2 lb dark chocolate, tempered
1/3 cup dry cherries
1/3 cup chopped almonds
1/3 cup crushed chocolate covered espresso beans
1. Add each different chocolate flavors to a (microwave safe) bowl. Heat on high for approx. 1 minute. Remove and stir well. Return back to microwave, if needed but heat at 30 second increments at a time until completely melted.
2. Spread one type of chocolate on baking sheets. With a spoon, spread evenly across pan making a thin layer.
3. Add second chocolate. Pour over top of chocolate in pan. Spread over top of bottom chocolate.
4. With a spoon, make swirls around throughout two layers creating a marble like finish.
5. Quickly sprinkle cherries, almonds and then espresso beans over top. Tap baking pan to make sure toppings adhere to chocolate.
6. Freeze for approx 10 mins. Remove and break into pieces. Store in air tight container.