Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Bacon Wrapped Pu Pu Platter
1/4 pound ground beef-rolled into 6 meatballs
2 mozzarella sticks, cut into 6 - 1/2 inch pieces
1-2 pork chop, boneless, cut into 6 strips
1 large chicken breast, boneless-cut into 6 strips
1-2 pieces grouper (or other white fish), cut into 6 slices
6 frozen steak fries, thawed (I use Ore-Ida which is gluten free)
15 slices bacon, sliced in half
1 bottle bbq sauce ( I like Outta the Park BBQ Sauce, Hot and Spicy)
1 Pineapple, cut into chunks
1. Season all meat with salt and pepper
2. Place one each of cheese in center of meatball, completely enclosing.
3. Wrap 1/2 slice bacon around each ingredient. Secure with skewer
4. Place on non-stick plate on grill. (med/high). Rotate and brown all sides. Make sure to keep each different ingredient separated from the others. Approx. 5- 10 mins each side. (keep in mind...fish will not take as long to grill)
5. Brush all sides with bbq sauce. Grill to caramelize. Remove from heat when done. Place in serving platter, separating each different variety.
6. Assemble pineapple skewers by adding 6-8 chunks per skewer. Place pineapple skewer between different varieties of ingredients to distinguish them being different.