Thursday, June 12, 2014
Mango Date Chipotle Wings
12 whole chicken wings
1 TBS olive oil, plus extra for brushing
1 stick butter
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1 tsp ginger root, grated
1/4 cup chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1/4 cup dates, chopped
1 cup mango
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 TBS lime zest, plus 2 TBS lime juice
1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
1 cup blue cheese dressing
1 bunch celery, sliced into 4 inch pieces
1. Heat Grill to med/high. Grease grill with olive oil
2. Brush chicken with olive oil, completely covering. Place chicken on grill. Season with salt. Grill for 10-12 mins on each side
3. On side burner heat medium size skillet. Add 1 TBS olive oil, butter, garlic, onion, ginger, chipotle (with adobo sauce) and date. Sautee for 5 mins, stir.
4. Add mango, cilantro, lime zest and lime juice. Season with salt, to taste. Cook until mango gets soft. Puree in food processor. Add puree into medium size bowl.
5. At grill with tongs, dredge each piece of chicken into mango puree, completely covering. Add back to grill. Repeat process for each piece of chicken. Grill for 5-6 mins on each side or cooked and nicely browned.
6. Serve with extra sauce, blue cheese dressing and celery sticks
Makes 4-6 servings.