I needed to create a recipe for a contest using Tyson Grilled Chicken. When I opened the package the little chicken chunks reminded me of over sized croutons. Then it hit me!!! French onion soup......but without the croutons. I'll use chicken chunks instead. How much more healthier it would be also!!!
4 TBS butter
1 TBS olive oil
2 medium onions, sliced into thin rings
1/2 tsp dry thyme
1/8 tsp salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp coarse black pepper, or to taste
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, reserve some for garnish
1 bay leaf
2 TBS flour
1/4 cup marsala wine
32 ounces beef broth, low sodium
8 ounces Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Chunks
4 thin slices Swiss Cheese
1. In medium size pan add butter and oil. Heat on medium temperature until butter melts.
2. Add sliced onions, thyme, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley and bay leaf. Stir. Cook until onions become soft.
3. Add flour, stir. Cook for 5 minutes more.
4. Deglaze pan with marsala wine, stir.
5. Add beef broth. Simmer for additional 15 mins. Remove bay leaf.
6. Preheat broiler
7. Add onion broth to four individual baking dishes/bowls. Place bowls on flat baking sheet.
8. Add 2 ounces of chicken chunks to each individual bowl. Top with one slice Swiss cheese. Sprinkle additional chopped parsley to top of cheese for color.
9. Add to broiler. Allow for cheese to melt and slightly brown. Approx. 5 mins.
Makes 4 servings.