Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Zucchini Oats Buttermilk Pancakes and Peaches in Rum Sauce
1 1/2 Gluten Free Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Flour
1 cup ground Bob's Red Mill Steal Oats, ground
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1 stick melted butter
1 1/2 cups buttermilk, plus extra
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup sour cream, room temp.
3 TBS butter
4 fresh peaches, sliced
2 TBS brown sugar
1 TBS dark rum, optional
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp allspice
1 tsp vanilla
1. In large bowl add flour, oats, baking powder, allspice, salt and sugar. Mix well.
2. In separate bowl add beaten eggs. Add butter, buttermilk, vanilla and zucchini. Mix well.
3. In medium skillet add butter, peaches, brown sugar, rum and salt. Simmer on low heat, stirring every few minutes. Simmer until peaches are cooked. Add allspice and vanilla, stir. Put aside until ready to fill into pancakes.
4. In small non stick skillet heat on medium heat (sprayed with cooking spray). Pour about 1/2 cup batter into center of pan. Swirl pan around to thin out pancake. Cook until starts to brown. Flip and cook opposite side. (approx. 1-1 1/2 mins on each side). Reduce heat, if need to. Repeat step 4 for each pancake. Cover to keep warm
5. Fill each pancake with peaches (approx. 1/4 cup) and 2 TBS sour cream. Drizzle any juice over top of each pancake.
Makes approx. 8 pancakes. Serves 4